The latest info on top, in chronological order. Click on the pictures for full size views
Current status (2021-Dec-13):
Towers 15 -30m AGL.
2-el 40m yagi, Cushcraft
16 x 3-el LFA yagis for 2m by InnovAntennas
3-el OPDES yagi for 20m by InnovAntennas
1 x 12-el “432EME12” yagi for 70cm, by M2inc
7-el LFA yagi for 6m, WOS2 by InnovAntennas
Dipoles for 80m and 40m
Vertical for 2m FM localtalk and a discone antenna
All rotating is done with AlfaSpid rotators
Mounting the 2el 40m antenna at 20m AGL.
Here we go. 2 towers, 30m each.
Towers mounted. View from the top of one tower, you can see the other nearby tower as well as the 3 others about 100-150m away.
Towers on the ground, assembled and ready to be mounted.
3-el OPDES for 20m and 7 el LFA WOS2 for 6m assembled. Towers in the background, next week or the week after… will all be put in place.
Fitted the rotator and the top bearing in one of the 30m towers. Rotator is a AlfaSpid BIGRAK. Also mounted is the 16 * 3 el LFA for 144MHz.
Fitted the rotator and the top bearing in one of the 30m towers. Rotator is a AlfaSpid BIGRAK.
I climbed up to the top of my 30 metre high tower today. Just to check out some cablings and so on. Here is a view from the ground.
My quarterwave vertical for 40m with about 40 radials.
My 80m vertical, not yet QRV.
The stainless steel plate in the top of the 30m tower.
Tube in the ground to get the cables out to the “towershack”.
Closeup of one of the 30m towers.
Closeup of the other 30m tower.
M20 bolts to connect the first 2 sections
M16 bolts to connect the next sections
And 3 times M16 bolts to connect the top sections (each section is 7,5 metres long)
Both towers assembled on the gound. 30m each.
Enabling coax cables run between the towers.
Pictures of more work involving concrete. Not so fun but nice when it is done. This time the 22,5 metres towers will grow to 30 metres in height. Weight of all the conrete? 17,5 tonnes!
Lowering the mast bases at the new QTH. See the 30m tower in the background? That is also mine, what used to be my remote QTH.
Transporting the mast bases from my old QTH. 14 tonnes each.
2014-Nov-28. Pictures of the M2 LogPeriodic antenna (for 7Mhz and 10-30MHz) mounted at approx 21m AGL. In the background: the 30m tower.
The 30m tower assembled and mounted.
The 30m tower assembled and (almost) ready to be mounted.
Some towers being delivered… Yes my permits are ok now, so the project continues. Who is in the truck? Well SM7EKU of course.
And the 20m towers being raised. This tower will later on host my logperiodic antenna for the HF bands.
I got to be QRV on some band, some where! Hi. Got a bay of 4 yagis on 70cm on the pole where my 23cm dish will be. So this is a temp installation, but it works. So far 2 EME initials on 70cm, but will do some more before I will take the array down and start to assemble the 23cm dish.
Not really the best weather to mount antennas. Will leave it be for now.
During my awaiting for the final permits to raise the towers, yes the permits has been halted by the authorities…anyway, I decided to start the mounting of the 5m dish for 23cm. Below is a picture of it, it is about 3m high and bolted to the concrete with 10 pcs of 12x115mm expander bolts and 2 psc of 16mm expander bolts. I do not believe this mount will fall in any of the Swedish storms, hi hi.
This is the way it looks when all the forms are gone and the concrete is all done. It feels very good to have reached this level. Now I am going to let the concrete harden, at least for three weeks.
All the forms have concrete in them. The guys did fill them up a few days ago when I was not at home. This is another 3 cubic metres of concrete. So totally it is nearly 15 tons of concrete for this tower plus the long irons casted into the mountain. If this tower falls down, nothing will stand! I am going to disassemble all the forms tomorrow.
All the forms for the tower mounts in place. M24 bolts, 1m long, 4 of them in every “foot”.
Closeup into one of the forms.
Here we go, this is the form for the concrete plate for the 30m tower, in place.
Starting to fill it up with concrete…
And here we are, almost 4 cubic metres (or 8,9 Tons) of concrete later…
The trees around the towers are taken down. I will get even more free sight for my 23cm EME activities. Near the camera is the pole for mounting the guy wires, as well as the copper wire for the grounding. To the right is the plate for the 5m dish for 23cm. To the left is the mount for the 20m tower.
The big concrete “foot” for my 20m antenna on its way down in the ground. It really took some thinking to get it down there, thanks to all the guys involved so we could make it happen.
And here it is down in the ground:
And here is the concrete plate for my 5m dish for 23cm:
Here we go. One of the counterweights for the 20m tower in place, so is the copper wire for the ground.
And here is the hole for the casted concrete or betongklump as we say in Swedish, for the 20m tower. Tomorrow it will be fitted in the hole.
This is how it looks when I have casted concrete and fastened 20 or so of the iron reinforcements which will go up into the 4 concrete “foots” for the tower.
A guy helping me drill 24 holes in the mountain for my 30m tower. Each hole is 240cm deep and 32mm diameter.
This is the place where my guywired 20m tower will be, hosting 6m and HF antennas. Placement will be about in the middle of the side of the wall. On the right hand side my 5m dish for 23cm will be located.
This is the spot for my 30m standalone tower. This tower will host VHF and up antennas. And server as a testbed for antenna design work.